On the footage of the Zvezda TV channel, you can see that the Russian side is sending a modern complex of electronic warfare and radio-technical intelligence “Leer-3”, specializing in cellular networks of the GSM standard.
A feature of the complex is the delivery of electronic warfare and electronic warfare systems to the target using unmanned aerial vehicles.
The purpose of the complex:
- Suppression of mobile communications.
- Simulating the operation of a cellular base station in the GSM 900 and GSM 1800 bands and sending false signals (messages).
- Conducting reconnaissance by determination of points of radiation of devices in GSM networks.
- Detection of subscriber points (mobile phones, tablets and other communication systems).
- Transmission of data about the location of subscriber points to artillery crews for a fire strike.
- Aerial observation of the situation on the battlefield and the movement of troops.
- Assessment of the state of army and naval facilities.
- Study of the terrain